Listen While Reading: Loud Places // Jamie xx ft. Romy.
If you’re anywhere between the ages of 15 and 25 years old, you probably spend a lot of time contemplating what you want to do and what your purpose in life is. Without a lot of experience, it’s hard to know what you’re good at and what interests you, which makes this a stressful time for many people.
I struggled to find my purpose during college. I chose to pursue a general liberal arts degree, hoping that somehow the answer would come to me if I took a variety of courses. The truth is I’m still trying to figure out my goals, but the following five questions have helped me tremendously in my path to self-discovery. Grab your journal, go to a cozy coffee shop and enjoy a creamy latte or curl up beneath a dozen blankets in bed and tune the rest of the world out. When pondering these questions, make sure you’re 100% honest with yourself.
1. What makes me happy? What stresses me out?
2. What are the most important things to me – things I can’t live without?
3. What are my biggest strengths and weaknesses?
4. What do I want to be known for by my family, friends, and neighbors?
5. What accomplishments do I hope to tell my grandchildren about one day? (Find inspiration by creating a bucket list!)
© 2015 Reef Magazine.