Some of us live for rainy days when we can simply listen to the rain tickling on the roof, curl up in bed with a movie and coffee and enjoy the smell that comes afterward. If this sounds like you, keep reading because I have listed a few of my favorite things to do on a rainy day along with a loooong playlist for you to ENJOY.
1. Have a Netflix marathon! Even though I do this every day despite it’s not raining, rainy days are the perfect excuse to do so. Here are some of my favorite movies/shows to enjoy on a rainy day.
- One Day & Remember Me – You might need some tissues to accompany you, but both are so beautiful.
- New Girl, Bridget Jones’s Diary, Friends, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt & Portlandia – Always a go to when you need to have a good laugh.
- Cupcake Wars – Do I even need to encourage you to watch this? One word: CUPCAKES. However, you will be craving them afterward. Also, Jonathan Bennett is soon to be the host for the show. One more reason to watch!
- Courage The Cowardly Dog, Futurama & The Wild Thornberrys Movie – Yes, I’m an adult. No, I’m not too old to watch cartoons. If you’re an avid cartoon lover like me, you will love these!
- Supernatural, The Walking Dead & American Horror Story – Yeah, these are the shows everyone is telling you to watch! People are right! These shows are definitely a must.
- Twilight – Let’s just say it will match the rainy weather?
- Clueless, Heathers & Mean Girls – C L A S S I C S.
- Jumanji & Paulie – Cute movies to watch with your family. Order a pizza and it makes for a perfect night in.
If you have any Netflix suggestions, drop them down below! I always love to watch new movies/shows!
2. Sit by your window sill and read a book or your favorite magazine. Most of the time we say we don’t have time to sit down and read because we have so many errands to run. Rainy days may clear your plans so why not finally get to read those stacks of books and magazines and relax?
3. Bake! Put on your favorite playlist and try some new recipes you’ve been dying to make! Bake with friends or family, although there might be some try-and-error mishaps, the experience is worth it. Plus you know what not to do next time!
4. Write, paint, sketch, anything your heart desires. Rainy days are perfect for letting your creative juices explode. The rain tickling outside makes for a perfect atmosphere to concentrate on your work with not much noise around.
5. Light a vanilla candle, throw on your most comfortable PJ’s and listen to this soothing playlist!
© 2015 Reef Magazine