Today I was waiting for the bus and I felt the warm spring air against my cheeks. I put my earphones on, pressed play on my favorite playlist and I just stood there. I stared at the cloudless sky thinking about life and how sometimes there are just some little moments when you feel good. I stood there with the sun in my face and I felt good. I stood there and felt free. I stood there and I cherished that feeling of invisibility. Music has a way of blocking out the whole world around you. It has a way of making you let go and just think. It makes you have a little moment for yourself, a moment to appreciate.
So here is a little playlist for you all to enjoy wherever you may be…
- Big Jet Plane//Angus & Julia Stone
- I’m Coming Home//Skylar Grey (PART 2)
- Almost Lover//A Fine Frenzy
- Jolene//Miley Cyrus
- We Can’t Stop//Boyce Avenue ft. Bea Miller
- The World is Ours//Eleven Past One
- Bubble Toes//Jack Johnson
- Flashed Junk Mind//Milky Chance
- Mess is Mine//Vance Joy
- She Keeps Me Warm//Mary Lambert
- Blame it on Me//George Ezra
- I Love You//Alex & Sierra
- Stubborn Love//The Lumineers
- Fools//Lauren Aquilina
- What Would You Do//Bastille
So to that I say, take a deep breath, press play, stand there and enjoy the little moment of happiness that music can bring you.
Love you xx
Photography by Annabelle.
© 2015 Reef Magazine